top of page
Semantic Computing & Applications
CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE Transaction on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC) seeks original manuscripts for a Special Issue on Advances in Semantic Computing scheduled to appear in July, 2015.
Semantic Computing (SC) is Computing based on Semantics (“meaning”, "context", “intention”). It addresses all types of resource including data, document, tool, device, process and people. The scope of SC includes analytics, semantics description languages and integration, interfaces, and its applications in biomed, IoT, cloud computing, SDN, wearable computing, context awareness, mobile computing, search engines, question answering, big data, multimedia, services, etc.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Analytics: Structured data, image and video, audio and speech, natural language
• Description and Integration: Semantics description languages, ontology integration, interoperability
• Interfaces: Natural language, multi-modal
• Use of Semantics in IT: such as multimedia, IoT, big data, deep learning, cloud computing, SDN, wearable computing, mobile computing, search engines, Q&A, web services
• Use of Semantics in Interdisciplinary Applications: such as biomedicine, healthcare, manufacturing, engineering, education, finance, entertainment, business, science
Submitted articles must not have been previously published or currently submitted for journal publication elsewhere. As an author, you are responsible for understanding and adhering to our submission guidelines. You can access them at the IEEE Computer Society web site, www.computer.org. Please thoroughly read these before submitting your manuscript. TETC is the newest Transactions of the IEEE Computer Society with Open Access only.
Please submit your paper to Manuscript Central here.
Please note the following important dates:
• Submission Deadline: September 1, 2014
• Reviews Completed: November 1, 2014
• Major Revisions Due (if Needed): November 31, 2014
• Reviews of Revisions Completed (if Needed): December 15, 2014
• Minor Revisions Due (if Needed): December 30, 2014
• Notification of Final Acceptance: January 15, 2015
• Publication Materials for Final Manuscripts Due: February 15, 2015
• Publication date: July 2015
Please address all other correspondence regarding this special Section to Lead Guest Editor Phillip Sheu
Department of EECS
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
West Lafayette, IN 47907
bottom of page